- What drives Dan? To find out about stuff and to follow his own curiosity.
- How do you motivate people to do creative work?
- If you want to do simple things, if/then motivators work.
- Interesting creative things outside of the U.S.: Role of workplace design in Australia ... how physical architecture can enhance creativity.
- Knowing "why" you are doing things is more motivating.
- Humor is an incredibly important management tool.
- Humor can diffuse difficult situations.
- Humor can be part of bonding.
- On play ... doing things because they are challenging and provide flow experiences. These are crucial for intrinsic motivation.
- Google's "20% rule" to work on what you want is like recess at work.
- The difference between making decisions for instrumental reasons rather then fundamental reasons.
- Policy changes to support creativity? Changes in education, increasing public support for the arts, and public support for research and development.
Saturday, November 06, 2010
Dan Pink on Creativity, Motivation, Work, Education and Play
Listen to "Creativity in Play" interview with creativity guru and author Dan Pink. Highlights from Dan Pink's interview about creativity, motivation, education, play and policy: