Thursday, January 03, 2008

Qlogging with Albert Einstein

A great summary and reminder of Einstein's views about the value of creativity and life ...
[3 January 2008 - Kevin Bartoy blog] ... If we truly recognize Einstein as a genius and truly believe that his intelligence provided a special understanding of the world, then we must not stop our exploration of his wisdom at E=mc2. His ideas and opinions concerning education, religion, politics, and pacifism are just as important as his scientific contributions concerning relativistic cosmology, capillary action, and critical opalescence. He provided us all with the gift of his intellect. It is now up to us to repay this wisdom. In Einstein's own words, "A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving."

Einstein quotes include:
  • "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
  • "Never memorize what you can look up in books."
  • "The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing."
More

No comments:

Post a Comment